What are the Benefits of a Base Membership?
TechBelt Base Members participate in the initiative on a very broad level. Base Members participate in general TechBelt meetings, calls and strategy sessions targeted at enhancing broad regional efforts.
1) Facilitate industry-research partnerships to increase technology transfer, improve production processes and generate new applied research.
- Partner on large collaborative projects; align funding requests to avoid duplication; access to support letters from TechBelt or other partners
- Resources for developing new initiatives and a track record of collaboration that can be leveraged for projects
- Identify regional partners and collaborators to enhance your services or improve your chances of a successful award
2) Promote alignment among the region’s workforce development system, infrastructure priorities and the needs of targeted industry sectors.
3) Develop and coordinate a common and cohesive technology-based public policy platform for State and Federal officials to support innovation within the TechBelt region.
- Marketing support for partners, joint promotional efforts and a unified voice on policies and guidelines in technology based development.
Participate in a regional Congressional Summit that provides an opportunity for direct input as well as demonstrates collective support on policy issues.